RV Cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
I don't know anyone to trust around here with a l31 haha

got the cam today. i drooled alllll over it

ChevyDude84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep seeing and hearing people talking about RV cams, what exactly are they? are they just meant for more low end torque?

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Exactly what it is. In the early days they put these cames in campers or RV's to give more of a low end torque and mid range torque to move the heavy sum bitches.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly what it is. In the early days they put these cames in campers or RV's to give more of a low end torque and mid range torque to move the heavy sum bitches.

So is it just a different factory grind or aftermarket just referred to as RV? I was kinda wondering the same thing.

And after reading back through I see its similar to the HT383, which from what everyone commented is basically a cam you can stick right in correct? Works with all the stock valvetrain including stock springs?

Thats the kinda mild cam upgrade I'm looking for honestly. This truck isn't gonna be quick really, but from a dig I'd like to have some down low power to get through mud & snow better than stock.

Last edited:

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Well i finally ordered the gaskets and shish for it. Got a timing chain cover and a full gasket kit on the way. Gotta stop bu autozone on the way home to get the timing cover set then need a oil pan gasket. then i'll have nearly everything to do the swap.