RV Cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Your stock rockers will be fine...IMO the LT4 powerband is a little high for a truck, I'd choose something with a shorter duration. High lift with a fairly short duration is a good recipe for the torque you're looking for

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
What he said. The LT4 will want to see higher RPM's and won't be as torquey. I like the looks of the 383 cam.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
So should i shoot for the HT383 cam? Because i've been searching all over summit and all the cams say none computer compatible.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
And if i'm thinking correctly... i won't have to upgrade my valve train to make this cam work correct?

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
correct. Its not too aggressive but enough to play and tons of torque. Low power band. max Torque around 3200-3500 and hp around 5200-5500. Best bang for the buck long as you have a close to stock motor.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
i have a cai, exhaust. thats really it haha it's a brand new gm crate engine.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Yeah that ht383 cam looks pretty good and you shouldn't have to do any other valvetrain upgrades to make it work...personally I'd go with something bigger and do everything at once, but I can understand where you're coming from

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Many moons ago I called this guy in Cali he made cams his name was Chet Hurbert I think thats how its spelled well I told him what I had and want and he built me one maybe you should get a hold a company that makes them.

I super happy I went with someone like him my ride was one fast MF. Hey I just goggled the guy he is still around wow I bought things from him way back in the early 80's

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Well i don't think this truck would get anything to outradous right now. Until i have a DD and a Pull truck this is my weekend/tow vehicle. If i'm gonna go bigger and badder im gona throw a th400 in it then a 3200 stall then a monster cam haha. until then i just need to waken up this motor.