RV Cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Many moons ago I called this guy in Cali he made cams his name was Chet Hurbert I think thats how its spelled well I told him what I had and want and he built me one maybe you should get a hold a company that makes them.

I super happy I went with someone like him my ride was one fast MF. Hey I just goggled the guy he is still around wow I bought things from him way back in the early 80's

i googleds the name and said he died. dougherbert is now doing the cams it looks like.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i googleds the name and said he died. dougherbert is now doing the cams it looks like.

That is sad im a old fart and I spoke to him a long time ago he was a good old boy. Maybe call the number and order one from them tell him exactly what you want they did me good. Hey I even wrote the site and told them that I spoke with him many years ago and he was a cool cat I thought he had passed.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That is sad im a old fart and I spoke to him a long time ago he was a good old boy. Maybe call the number and order one from them tell him exactly what you want they did me good. Hey I even wrote the site and told them that I spoke with him many years ago and he was a cool cat I thought he had passed.

Dougzilla is an awesome dude to deal with! I'm assuming Chet was his dad. For those of you that don't know, Doug also started a program called B.R.A.K.E.S. Be Responsible and Keep Everyone Safe a few years ago after both of his sons died in a fatal car accident.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A buddy of mine ordered one from SummitRacing for his 88 Burb that is TBI he liked how it came out but he still couldn't hang with my truck. Oh he could spin both 35" tires easy.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your biggest gains will be from getting the ECU reprogrammed, so the engine will run better with the cam you put in it. Check out CompCams website for all the roller cams that build for truck applications. There are quite a few that work from 1,000-1,500 to about 6,000 RPM.

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a cam will help, so will a pcm tune, but simple things like a k&n and a good flowing exhaust along with the first 2 will help wake it up. on another note, the gmpp 1.6 roller rockers would help. just my .02

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Hmm look at my sig for mods. i have a 0411 pcm with a mild lextech tune, dual flowmasters and a spectre CAI

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice, sorry im new here and dont know what all the sig acronyms were. didnt know what a 0411 pcm is or ad244.