Rough Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I worked on Corporate jets for about 10 years. Hawker 800's, Global 604's, Lear 55's, GIII, IV, & V's, etc. Lead hand in the interior shop, with 17 employees. AME ticket for F.A.R. 25.853, in several parts. Best job I ever had as an employee. 9/11 ended it all! Like being self-employed better, though!

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's cool man. I can believe self employed being better. Hope to be there one day, but for now I'm enjoying the ride!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Lol!

Started as an auto mechanic (certified), joined up as an airframe technician, then aero engine (j85), then aviation tech, became an AME in the midst of all that and now i'm a flight engineer flying rotary wing SAR in the RCAF.

Small world isn't it?

They tell me I'm soon off to an office job as I'm now too experienced to risk on the line. Doesn't that sound backwards or what?

Somewhere in there i also managed a couple university degrees. 1 arts double major and 1 mechanical engineering.

The auto stuff is a "hobby" now more than anything else....

:)

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
420/430 are both downstream O2 codes IIRC.

I'd say you've likely go a fuel rich condition going on.

Not sure if the vortec "spider" will give you that, I haven't worked on one in a very long time.

I'd get it fixed if it is a rich condition because if you run too long like that it will take out the cat and maybe the O2 sensors with it.

Make sure you troubleshoot it first before throwing parts at it.

Good luck.

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol!

Started as an auto mechanic (certified), joined up as an airframe technician, then aero engine (j85), then aviation tech, became an AME in the midst of all that and now i'm a flight engineer flying rotary wing SAR in the RCAF.

Small world isn't it?

They tell me I'm soon off to an office job as I'm now too experienced to risk on the line. Doesn't that sound backwards or what?

Somewhere in there i also managed a couple university degrees. 1 arts double major and 1 mechanical engineering.

The auto stuff is a "hobby" now more than anything else....

:)
Thats awesome! Love engine work (dont get it too often but that should change), also working on degree. Flight Engineer sounds like good times.

420/430 are both downstream O2 codes IIRC.

I'd say you've likely go a fuel rich condition going on.

Not sure if the vortec "spider" will give you that, I haven't worked on one in a very long time.

I'd get it fixed if it is a rich condition because if you run too long like that it will take out the cat and maybe the O2 sensors with it.

Make sure you troubleshoot it first before throwing parts at it.

Good luck.

Def will be troubleshooting this week as I have time for, also it has 193000 miles on it now.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup! The engineer knows EVERYTHING about his airframe. The pilot shows up, gets in the left seat, flies it, gets out, walks away.