Rocky: The Redneck Plow Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I welded the spiders in my plow truck and it turned out great lol. You gonna use your plow or does that meyer pump work?
My current one has the gears welded and it does awesome.
It came with a blade so ill be using that. Its still a manual swivel but much heavier duty. The guy i got it from said the pump worked but right now it doesn't. Ill be looking into that saturday

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
My current one has the gears welded and it does awesome.
It came with a blade so ill be using that. Its still a manual swivel but much heavier duty. The guy i got it from said the pump worked but right now it doesn't. Ill be looking into that saturday
Probably has something to do with all that wiring you pulled out. My plow works but the engine bay is a rats nest like yours was lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Probably has something to do with all that wiring you pulled out. My plow works but the engine bay is a rats nest like yours was lol.
yeah i have a feeling its wiring. I can hear the solenoid under the hood click when i move the switch but it doesn't do anything.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
If it is a meyer E57H, E58H, E60H, or E61H and it works I might be interested in a trade + cash for my E47. My pump works just fine but I put a heavier plow on this past summer with wings and it is's as fast as I would like it to be. Let me know if you want to make a little money back on the truck while still keeping it fully functional.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
If it is a meyer E57H, E58H, E60H, or E61H and it works I might be interested in a trade + cash for my E47. My pump works just fine but I put a heavier plow on this past summer with wings and it is's as fast as I would like it to be. Let me know if you want to make a little money back on the truck while still keeping it fully functional.
I can check, but i have a feeling that shipping wouldn't be very cheap.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got my tires on, didn't bother balancing them since its not going to be driven far.
You must be registered for see images attach

Not that it matters too much, but the only CEL code it has is a P1345. I brought home our Matco scanner from work and tried to do a crank relearn but either the scan tool or the truck isn't cooperating. Most of the time it kept telling me to cycle the key off and on, then start and idle, and it would do that cycle over and over. One time i was able to start it, but it never completed, i was able to rev it all the way to the factory rev limiter at 5500 and it wouldn't go through. Im not used to working on GM stuff this way, so I have some research to do.

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my tires on, didn't bother balancing them since its not going to to far.
You must be registered for see images attach

Not that it matters too much, but the only CEL code it has is a P1345. I brought home our Matco scanner from work and tried to do a crank relearn but either the scan tool or the truck isn't cooperating. Most of the time it kept telling me to cycle the key off and on, then start and idle, and it would do that cycle over and over. One time i was able to start it, but it never completed, i was able to rev it all the way to the factory rev limiter at 5500 and it wouldn't go through. Im not used to working on GM stuff this way, so I have some research to do.
That code is common for the dizzy being turned.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
That code is common for the dizzy being turned.
I wouldn't be surprised. I looked up info on the code after trying the relearn and it can be a number of things. Tomorrow im going to use the scan tool again and watch the spark retard to see if it goes close to 0 degrees when revved, which im guessing it isn't. From there I should be able to tell if its an adjustment or a bad part.