Rocky: The Redneck Plow Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got a bunch done this weekend, I found that the timing was at about 23 degrees advanced, and adjusting it only got me to 15. I popped the distributor out and moved it a tooth and got it to 10. Tried one more tooth and it wouldn't start, so seems like 10 is good enough for me. Got some of the wiring figured out for the plow pump, the main 12v power cable from the solenoid had very high resistance between the plug and the pump. Now with that fixed it runs but doesn't move. I think the wiring from the controller to the pump is bad so it doesn't know what to do. That's next on the list. I slapped some new front pads on, and welded the spiders in the rear, popped the new tires on and also had a spare set of center caps to go on. Went to the junkyard and got a wiper motor and got that working. Also got a back rack for $17.50 from there and put it on. Just about ready to start using!
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
In my drunken stupor, the thread appeared to be much older and brought back from the grave.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Found my pump issue, just a missing ground wire. Now I just need 2 pins to keep the blade attached to the frame and it's ready to go! I drove it to the dump yesterday, and it has no balls. Im thinking the timing must be off, but im not going to mess with it till warm weather. As long as it starts and plows ill be good.