Rims and Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ray Parker

Reaction score
Hello Everybody
I am wanting to replace my 8" wheels and tires ( 235/60/15 ) on my truck with 10" wide Rally Wheels and 295/50/15 tires. From what I am understanding is that it won't be a problem with clearance....But it will throw my speedometer off. What can I do to fix this issue so that I will not get a speeding ticket.
Thank you all in advance...

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's a 96+, it can be done with a tuner/programmer.

Edit to add. With 295/50r15 your speedometer will only read about 1mph slower than you are actually going if your speedometer is currently accurate. I honestly wouldn't even bother worrying about it with such a small difference.

Last edited:

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's a 96+, it can be done with a tuner/programmer.

Edit to add. With 295/50r15 your speedometer will only read about 1mph slower than you are actually going if your speedometer is currently accurate. I honestly wouldn't even bother worrying about it with such a small difference.
That’s what I was thinking. You can get on https://tiresize.com/comparison/ and put your trucks oe tire size in line 1 and new tire size in the next line and it will show you all the differences. Revolutions, actual tire width and height as well as speedometer differences.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is usually a good idea to start with , year, make , model, as just a little information is important. If your 96 and up you make corrections in the computer tire size and it does the math. 95 and earlier use your GPS function. Do the mental math, I have larger diameter tires, so speedo indicates 2.5 slower than my actual ground speed. At 65 mph indicated, actual ground speed 67-68 mph.

PeacefulStorm

Reaction score
I did a tire diameter comparison on a google search and studied the mph difference in 10 mph increments. Just for peace of mind I hook up a gps and refer to it when wondering if I'm about to get a ticket. Running 295/50/15 from a 235/75/15. Every 10 mph adds approximately 1mph. So at 60 on the speedometer I'm actually running about 54-55 mph.