Rider's '81 Dodge D150 RCLB "Son of Thunder"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Props for doin something different

Thanks man!

I stand corrected on max tire width i can go to on the stock 7" wide wheels...apparently the max i can go to is a 255/70R15 which still gives me an 8.5" rear tire that is slightly taller then the stock rear. So thats the route i will prob go with those wheels and keep my current basic steel wheels as winter wheels. So more then likely i will mount two of the west lake tires currently on the plain wheels onto the sport wheels and some bfgs on the rear wheels. and some sort of grip tire on the rims that the west lake tires came off of for winter.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Sweet project man, I like different projects and I dont think Ive ever seen that era of Dodge truck done up! Good luck and keep updated.

Thanks man! Ugh...damn ceco cut down their line up of steel wheels that i was looking at. Looks like i may have to look at some Ion alloys or Mayhem wheels for it as well...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Im going to see if i can get these for this truck.

You must be registered for see images

If i can im thinking 15x8 front 15x10 rear then i can look at something like a 295/50R15 rear tire with a 235/60R15 front.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Nice, those will look good....Id say, being a Dodge and all, try stuffing some 335 width tires in the back just to pay homage to the Viper :D

Heh...to stuff that wide of tire in i would prob have to go full on pro street. Though i must say..I LIKE THAT IDEA! lol Who knows...that may happen at a later stage in the trucks life. Viper sized meats and Viper style sidepipes..

At this point im paying more homage to cars like the Dodge Charger R/T and the Dodge Challenger. The Charger especially with a similar styled hood.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Im more then likely gonna look into running a 454SS style exhaust and when i overhaul either this engine or the one from the parts truck im picking up to gain some interior parts and better sheetmetal. I will prob put a nice lumpy cam in it.

Planned engine build specs:

318 LA V8 bored out to 321 cid
Later model '903 heads with 360 valves
Edelbrock Performer intake
Edelbrock or holley 500 cfm carb
340 spec cam
Headers
Chevy 454SS style DUAL exhaust from headers back and exiting behind right rear.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Here is the result of my labors today. Well at least the LEDs...you can kinda see the radio in the bottom portion. When i initially installed it i didnt wire in the ilumination wire. But since it will not be required if i ever go to an aftermarket deck in the future i decided to just make a jumper wire between the decks harness and the trucks original harness. Eventually i will be going back in there and remaking my current harness to include line out converters for running a 4 ch amp.

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us