Retro look for modern Chevrolet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I guess either you like it...or you don't! I think it's cool myself, but not sure if I would buy one. Too many issues with the new trucks.
But you have to appreciate the attention to detail on these, to get the emblems, tailgate, and two tone dividing trim replicated.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done 2 of these. One was a V6 double cab with 17,000 miles. One was a 5.3 Z71 crew with 80k.

Neither sold easily. I was surprised--people take your picture running down the interstate...

Some of you might remember the "Beau James" and "Gentleman Jim" pickup truck options that GM offered around 1975. I saw one of each of these on the local dealers' lots back in the day. I think one was GMC (Beau James) and the other Chevrolet. A Google search will turn up a few pictures of each.

I can't imagine either of these sold well, then. A retro version? No way.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess either you like it...or you don't!
But you have to appreciate the attention to detail on these, to get the emblems, tailgate, and two tone dividing trim replicated.
I agree with this 100%
I can appreciate the effort, and see why other people think they're cool, I just don't like them.

95nProgress

Reaction score
Wheels like these, except in a larger diameter appropriate to the newer body style, would look sharp as a "retro wheel".

I suppose those in the picture are 15"?

Or a set of Ansen Sprints, appropriately sized, for the retro yet "owner-upgraded retro" look.

You must be registered for see images attach
John Baker's truck from CHiP's (without the stripes).