Retro look for modern Chevrolet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Service chevrolet by you Had a red and green one.

Courtesy never had any.

All star here had one of each color. I was always on there websites. Lol. Wanted one bad but it was only half tons.

They had a guy in port allen or lobdell was painting the new whites and putting white wheels on them . Cant remember what body shop it was tho. Thats back when i was working at the big D in Plaquemine and driving back / forth to Krotz springs 6 days a week
Personal, I never was a big fan of those trucks. I much prefer the 2014, 2015 rally striped trucks. There again, I do have a thing for rally strips.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220201-200429_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220201-200429_Chrome.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201207_121728.jpg
    20201207_121728.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 15

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea yours is sweet. I scored rear bucket seats from an 07 tahoe today from a guy In p.A. Behind the courthouse has a chop shop… they fold forward fully and flat, plus tilt backward. I did rear seat delete as thats where gun storage is going. But damn its gona be nice folding those seats fully fwd to load it out now.

have u ever run across a guy named harold from around donaldsonville? He has a tricked out truck with a custom interior looks damn close to your centrr console build

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Service chevrolet by you Had a red and green one.

Courtesy never had any.

All star here had one of each color. I was always on there websites. Lol. Wanted one bad but it was only half tons.

They had a guy in port allen or lobdell was painting the new whites and putting white wheels on them . Cant remember what body shop it was tho. Thats back when i was working at the big D in Plaquemine and driving back / forth to Krotz springs 6 days a week
Personal, I never was a big fan of those trucks. I much prefer the 2014, 201 rally striped trucks in that body style. There again, I do have a thing for rally strips.
Yea yours is sweet. I scored rear bucket seats from an 07 tahoe today from a guy In p.A. Behind the courthouse has a chop shop… they fold forward fully and flat, plus tilt backward. I did rear seat delete as thats where gun storage is going. But damn its gona be nice folding those seats fully fwd to load it out now.

have u ever run across a guy named harold from around donaldsonville? He has a tricked out truck with a custom interior looks damn close to your centrr console build
No, but I would love to see it. There are several car shows this weekend, and a fairly big show next weekend. I should be there.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't like that treatment on those trucks. Also, I think they're a dealer package, not one from the factory.
I have had 2 square bodies in my life. My first truck was a 1973 long bed, step side, regular cab, with a 350, and 3 on the floor. It was Kelly green. I loved that old truck when I had it, but it was a custom deluxe, so no real power options. That had to be in the late 1970s I don't remember why I got ride of it. My next square body was a 1979 long bed, single cab with a 305 (30slow) and a turbo 350. A buddy was opening a paint, body shop, and wanted me to do some welding work for a paint job, so I did. It looked grate, but had no real power, and still got 10 MPGs. But I don't want another square body truck. They just don't have any appeal to me. Been there done that I guess. Here is a pic of my 79.
You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a half dozen squares, all K5's and Burbs. I like them, and I like the 2 tone paint. My brother in law's looks really good.
I just don't like that styling on the newer generations of trucks.
I agree the rally stripes look good on the 900's though.

Attachments

• IMG_20210515_175522314_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210515_175522314_HDR.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 13

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had a half dozen squares, all K5's and Burbs. I like them, and I like the 2 tone paint. My brother in law's looks really good.
I just don't like that styling on the newer generations of trucks.
I agree the rally stripes look good on the 900's though.
IMO the 400s are the best looking truck GM ever made. Also the most reliable. I do like the 800, SS Silverado though. What was that 2003 to 2006?