Replacing Passenger Side Vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbcollins1

Reaction score
Hello, first time poster here. I am looking to replace the broken passenger side vents in my 1998 C1500. What is the correct way to remove them and insert the new ones? Also, are both the left and right vents identical? All of the parts websites I've been to have the "right" vent in stock but are none have the "left" one, but they appear to look the same to me.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are four little tabs (one in each corner) that you can get with a thin flat head screwdriver or trim tool. Pop either the top or bottom two and the other side should come free pretty easily.

They are not the same. Left is GM part number 15048261, right is 15959804.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-...o-trim/5-7l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/ducts-scat

New ones may be hard to find in the exact color you need so it may be easier to pull a good used one from a salvage yard. eBay has them in a few different colors though.

tbcollins1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I got them replaced without much fuss! The plastic on my old vents is so brittle that they basically fell apart when I took them out. Also, despite what the parts listing says, I'm pretty sure the left and right vents are identical. Since the left one has been discontinued, I just ordered two right side ones. Sure enough, the "right" one fit into the left side with no issue and air is blowing through fine.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to know. I wonder why they're listed as different part numbers by GM... Pretty sure I have some spares in the garage, I may have to take a look at them.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I got them replaced without much fuss! The plastic on my old vents is so brittle that they basically fell apart when I took them out. Also, despite what the parts listing says, I'm pretty sure the left and right vents are identical. Since the left one has been discontinued, I just ordered two right side ones. Sure enough, the "right" one fit into the left side with no issue and air is blowing through fine.
Why did you find them?