Defrost vent cover replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

karkrazy1971

Reaction score
I purchased some dash savers for my dash and one of the fins broke off on the defrost vent cover. I saw you can replace the vent on the S10, but can't find anything on the Silverado? I have a 1994 Silverado and it looks like it is part of the dash? Any suggestions on how to repair this?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It is unfortunately part of the whole dash shell.

There's a couple of dash overlays that cover broken dashboards but simply have an open area where the defrost vent is, so they don't help you in the case of broken defrost vent slats.

I recently found one style of dash cover that includes the defrost vent slat area. I'll warn you though that it is a very cheaply made cover that I would only recommend in the event of a seriously broken-up dash. About $70 on amazon, "Karpal" brand dash cover, definitely in the "better than nothing" category:

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the fins are breaking off my Mustang's dash, and if I could get my 3D printer working again, I'd try and fab up a filler panel to replace them. The secret sauce may be someone getting measurements and drawing up a 3D file for the community.

karkrazy1971

Reaction score
It is unfortunately part of the whole dash shell.

There's a couple of dash overlays that cover broken dashboards but simply have an open area where the defrost vent is, so they don't help you in the case of broken defrost vent slats.

I recently found one style of dash cover that includes the defrost vent slat area. I'll warn you though that it is a very cheaply made cover that I would only recommend in the event of a seriously broken-up dash. About $70 on amazon, "Karpal" brand dash cover, definitely in the "better than nothing" category:

Richard
That's what I was afraid of. The dash is in pretty good shape so I may just live with it.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the fins are breaking off my Mustang's dash, and if I could get my 3D printer working again, I'd try and fab up a filler panel to replace them. The secret sauce may be someone getting measurements and drawing up a 3D file for the community.
I wonder if @Wildblue19 could come up with something?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking about a three-piece setup on my Mustang. Then my hotend quit working and I haven't got the new hotend working right yet.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my 3D printer working again and printed up a test piece for my Mustang. https://www.tinkercad.com/things/b4QwIVfWFb7-s197-mustang-dash-vent-test-piece

If I can get the Mustang piece looking nice I might try the truck next. No promises. If anybody else wants to grab the model and play with it, you're welcome to. My main constraint is that I stink at CAD, so I use TinkerCAD, which doesn't have a function to bend an existing design.