Replacing everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
:nono: it's a joke. I almost wanted to mess with you and send you a link to them, but I've felt like crap all day so I'll let ya go.. This time. :lol:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: I might check the muffler bearings in the truck while I'm at it. Oh wait, I don't have mufflers.

:lol: And be sure to check your tires to make sure they have winter air in them :lol:

Back on topic, Like said above, there really isn't a company out there that makes the best of every component. With that being said, "matched" systems, do usually sound much better. That is mostly due to the speakers generally having the same power rating all around, which allows them to have the same amount of amplified power applied to each speaker within the system, and the speakers within the system where designed to work in unison with eachother. With that being said, personally my entire system in my 94' is Kicker except for the head unit, and the plate speakers/tweeters in my dash. My Mids, Sub, and Amp is all Kicker and my system sounds fantastic! Also be sure to use quality speaker wire, RCA, and Power wire through out the system. Don't re use your factory speaker wire, upgrade to at least 14 gauge, it really does make a big of difference in quality of sound! And use good quality RCA interconnect, preferably braided. Rockford Fosgate makes very good quality stuff also, so I think you'll be happy with there speakers!

Last edited:

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I could see how the stuff that's made for each other would be better but the way I read the op, It'd be like saying a dual brand deck, amp and sub would sound better than a good quality head unit, a Rockford Fosgate sub, and a kicker amp. That's make more sense if I knew anything besides the basics about audio.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I could see how the stuff that's made for each other would be better but the way I read the op, It'd be like saying a dual brand deck, amp and sub would sound better than a good quality head unit, a Rockford Fosgate sub, and a kicker amp. That's make more sense if I knew anything besides the basics about audio.

Absolutely! You can have a complete system that is all one brand, but if that brand doesn't produce good components its still going to sound like ass. Speaking of Dual, a friend of mine recently bought a new Dual head unit for his S10. So he brought it over to the shop and I installed it for him (Which was a pain in the ass, had to drop the steering column to remove the dash bezel). The Dual HU was like $125 IIRC, and it had all the bells and whistles on, more then you would ever need, but it didn't even compare to my head unit in quality, performance or anything besides not needed features.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I've never been good with audio. I put a sub in mine last week, and it only worked on the radio (not on cd or aux) then it only worked for 3 says, so I just pulled the power wore from the battery and it's just sitting there. I need to sell it.

I'm using a Sony xplod HU and pioneer speakers in the dash. If it'll play my country at a good volume, that's all I need!