Replacing everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thread Starter ... What is your budget on this build ??
Well, I plan on keeping this truck forever. But im only 18 and my job barely pays for gas. But, Whatever I want to do to it, I usually find some way to do it

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First thing I would start out with is a good electrical system to power a decent - to - Awesome Sound System ...

Getting the 2 battery setup under the hood (second battery tray on the drivers side out of a Diesel truck) and upgraded wiring to the Alternator, grounds, fusing, and to the amp rack location ... and if you plan on going BIG on this system, a possible battery bank in the bed of the truck ...
Then I would determine the Head unit you plan to run ... I personally recommend the Kenwood products ...
Then we can concentrate on product matching (one of my favorite options) on the rest of the system ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just by guessing, I'm thinking that the truck posted in you avitar is the one you are going to install the system in ...
Upgrading the electrical like I mentioned in the previous post will greatly upgrade your performance as a 4wd truck ... Stronger winch, towing, lighting, and the sound system ... I know there is more to list, but hopefully you get my point ...
I strongly recommend running 0ga/1awg cable through out this vehicle ... especially to your winch, and ALL your grounds ...
2 ga wire to the starter and electrical pannel ...
on my signature, you can click on my link to my chevy truck ... My "under the hood" modifications should be there for a reference ...

and before you get too deep into this stereo thing, you might want to think about Sound Deadning as you are installing products ...
just my susggestion here ...

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats alot. How hard is it to rewire everything? And how expensive? Also how hard and expensive is sound dampening?

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats alot. How hard is it to rewire everything? And how expensive? Also how hard and expensive is sound dampening?
Lets start with under the hood ... Something like this ...
You must be registered for see images attach

you are looking at about 50 ft of 1awg / 2 awg welding cable ...

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could I wire up a second battery myself? Or would it be easier to just pay someone