Replacing everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
just like stated above, i probably went through 3 xplode 12s not even at the rated rms, sold them and my old clarion HU to a local idiot. After that i got a great deal on 2 2000 watt lanzar amps, got a new(and still going) headunit, went to the pawn shop while in nastyville bought a set of 15s(american bass DX) baddest subs i ever had max wattage was 1500 watts had both amps strapped pushing 3750 wrms. never had a problem with them and they sounded great. it doesnt matter what brands u use just as u dont mix match the wattage on the componets

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
They're run from the back of the HU to the amp. The amp is bridged too.. I think... A friend helped me put it in. I really don't care if it works or not. I've only had 1 other sub in it. At one time I put a kicker in there with an old amp and no box and put it right behind my part of the seat and hand a pretty handy back massager

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X2 on that. If you have the interconnects ran next to the power cable, all kinds of different things can happen. Your always best to run the power and RCA's as far appart as possible. But i would guess you either have a broken RCA and/or bad connection, the HU's RCA outputs are messed up internally, or the amp is on its way out!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why do they have to be far apart?? They're just wires...?

The power cable is generally a large gauge wire,and depending on the quality of the RCA's you used, the RCA will pick up interfearance from the power wire. Which can cause static, engine noise, etc etc. In short, if your power wire is next to your RCA's, alot of the time it won't allow the amp to recieve a clear signal.