Replacement Schrader valve cap for fuel rail? Where to find?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
This is a bonehead simple question but I've run out of ideas and all I can find on Google is caps for tires. I don't think that is the right size.

Local auto parts stores just stare at me when I ask.

Other than the salvage yard, where can I find a replacement Schrader valve cap for the fuel rail on a Vortec 5.7? The one that sits above the intake.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take a tire valve cap and try it on the fitting. The internal valve core is usually an industry standard size just uses a replacement valve that is fuel resistant. If the cap fits then you can use a metal replacement cap to cover it. maybe one of the NOX caps (if they are the same size), I have not tried switching caps between the NOX and regular tire fill valve so can't say which will suit your application.

I did use a metal one for the fuel rail on my Ford Taurus when my valve failed and caused air leakage and kept pressure from coming up. Bought the new core from Ford and put a metal cap on the fitting after verifying it ran.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Other than the salvage yard
Why other than the salvage yard? That's your best bet for an inexpensive/freebie replacement.

Take a tire valve cap and try it on the fitting. The internal valve core is usually an industry standard size just uses a replacement valve that is fuel resistant. If the cap fits then you can use a metal replacement cap to cover it. maybe one of the NOX caps (if they are the same size), I have not tried switching caps between the NOX and regular tire fill valve so can't say which will suit your application.

I did use a metal one for the fuel rail on my Ford Taurus when my valve failed and caused air leakage and kept pressure from coming up. Bought the new core from Ford and put a metal cap on the fitting after verifying it ran.
Unfortunately, the Vortec test port is considerably larger than a tire valve.

Richard