Replace motor mounts???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JavaMan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup! Just undo one side at a time and jack it up! Replace it and repeat the other side. That’s how dealers do it too and they will charge you an arm and a leg for it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. I watched from the waiting room, it was about 48 minutes from when they moved the car into the bay till they had it out and parked again. Three hours worth of labor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Jack up on the edge of the oil pan, where the bolts are. Don't lift it anymore than you need to, make sure you don't drive the distributor into the cab. If you did, you lifted too high. I can't remember but on the 4x4 you may need to drop the front differential, and that doesn't take long after you have done it. Unbolt the 6 axle bolts on each side, and unplug everything. Take the driveshaft loose and the vent tube, remove the 4 bolts holding the front diff and remove it.

Squirrelsmith

Reaction score
Honestly, if they are not collapsed or broken, if they are OEM they are likely better than what you will replace them with.
I feel that i have at least one thats compromised. Im not doing this for fun haha. Something is definately going on

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet thanks for the advice guys. Gonna go check out energy suspension
Good luck. When I had the engine out of my '88, I tried to replace the mount cushions.

1. Energy Suspension inserts are too huge in pretty-much every direction. The molded-in steel insert inside the Polyurethane cushion has angled steel arms instead of "straight" arms.

2. Stock-replacement aftermarket mounts are made of the thinnest sheetmetal on Earth. They're a total piece of crap.

3. The only hope is that GM still sells OEM-quality mounts, and not a reboxed version of the Communist junk aftermarket mounts. I didn't call the stealership to find out.

4. I put my 300,000 mile mounts back in.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you absolutely HAVE to install new mounts, and GM isn't an acceptable source, about all you can do is to split your original shells, split the shell of the Communist-crap mount, and put the Chinese rubber insert into your original steel shells. I won't promise that the "new" insert will fit the original shells, because "China".

I refused to give the Commies the business, so as I said, I reluctantly put my old mounts right back in place.

Last edited: