Remote keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thechevyman95

Reaction score
I purchased my truck about 3 years ago or so, and it had an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry system installed. It was acting up, so I ended up cutting it out. I re connected the wires for the door locks so those work, but I would like to get my keyless entry working again. Because of the aftermarket system, does it mean that I can't just buy a factory remote and program it? I'm not very educated when it comes to wiring so some guidance would be appreciated!

Z71Joey

Reaction score
Look in your glovebox there should be a list of rpo codes on a sticker I believe code AU0 is for keyless entry I just bought 2remotes of Craigslist for 50$ programmed, no the aftermarket system may have messed the oem up when installed? I'm not sure on that

thechevyman95

Reaction score
I checked and I do have the AU0 code in the glove box. Any idea what to do now?

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I just bought a used one off ebay and programmed it. All you need is a paperclip to jump 2 terminals in the diagnostics port while you do the programming.

Z71Joey

Reaction score
Yup ^^ look on Craigslist there happened to be a guy near me with a bunch of gm remotes or call bestbuy they install remote starts so they may have some oem remotes laying around when they give coustomers new remotes call the install dept good luck!

thechevyman95

Reaction score
Alright, so I jump the 2 terminals, and nothing happens. From what im hearing the doors should lock and unlock. I think i may have a larger issue here

Z71Joey

Reaction score
Maybe the aftemarket system install that's messing it up?