Regular Cab Short Bed 117.5 Wheelbase Frame Dimensions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nekbreaker

Reaction score
Hello, im starting the build of a RCSB truck, and i want to verify some dimensions on the 117.5 wheel base truck that i have. I looked in the GM upfitter guides online, and the shortest wheel base i keep finding is the Regular Cab Long Bed wheel base 131". I cant seem to find a frame layout for the 117.5 wheel base trucks to verify my cab, and bed mounting location dimensions.

Anyone have any info at all?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you trying to diagnose damage? or???????

Most chassis datum sheet measurements are taken from a vehicle in clamps on a frame machine or off Oem Frame jigs. The measurements are based off a datum line so you really need a tram gauge to measure properly.

Just to give an example, the data sheet will have a measurement or at least enough info to calculate a measurement from a box mount hole to a cab mount hole. This is a horizontal measurement. If you take a measurement across the two holes which are on a different horizontal planes with a tape measure your measurement is going to read long because your measuring on a diagonal. If your needing the height numbers they're there but they are going to be referenced from the datum line and not the frame itself. A wavy concrete floor is not a good place to measure up from.

Just throwing out a little info as I'm not sure what your skillset is. The chassis books are thing of the past, and with modern measuring equipment you can't even get a printout with actual measurements..

Last edited: