Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Correct you won't see it until your 6 months I had the same problem cuz I even asked 99xcss4 about it myself. It's just because you haven't been in long enough
I get it now. After a certain amount of time and a certain number of posts, "yous guys" have pop ups. I thought I had seen everything over at TYF but now I cannot wait to sneak up on the "pop up".

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
also you will be able to post wanted and for sale threads right now you can only view them and I think you can reply to them I am not 100% on the second part

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
also you will be able to post wanted and for sale threads right now you can only view them and I think you can reply to them I am not 100% on the second part
It looks like I can reply to classified but cannot post. I get that but I might have something someone wants and I would have to post it elsewhere. I do not agree with the time wait but 100 posts before posting a classified is ok with me. Rules are rules and I agree to them as a member but I think it can cost a member a chance at a purchase they might really want. All good though.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
It looks like I can reply to classified but cannot post. I get that but I might have something someone wants and I would have to post it elsewhere. I do not agree with the time wait but 100 posts before posting a classified is ok with me. Rules are rules and I agree to them as a member but I think it can cost a member a chance at a purchase they might really want. All good though.
yeah I completely agree about the time wait it's Bs.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
the post thing is okay the time thing I am on the fence with I understand wanting to keep spamers and bots out maybe a shorter membership time and a higher post count

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IMO, it should be an "either/or" thing. But, I do not own this forum and make the rules. Perfectly willing to follow the rules as laid out.

If I had something for sale, I could circumvent the rules here and get creative about where to post it OR, I could post it for sale at TYF and start a thread here that I have something for sale at TYF and then could sell from there. With over 18,500 posts there, I am covered.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
When you happen across a forum that has all but died of regular member participation because it's been overrun with spam bots, all of the seemingly silly rules make sense.

WE can see you're not a spam bot, but the built-in rules keep the spam bots mostly at bay and prevent the moderators from having an outrageous workload keeping the forums clean.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you happen across a forum that has all but died of regular member participation because it's been overrun with spam bots, all of the seemingly silly rules make sense.

WE can see you're not a spam bot, but the built-in rules keep the spam bots mostly at bay and prevent the moderators from having an outrageous workload keeping the forums clean.

On that note... Whatever Shaggy and the other admins have done in the last year or two has really helped keep the number of spammers here down. I originally volunteered as a moderator to help ban the spam accounts as they were really annoying at one time. Now I hardly see them!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rules happen because somebody went and ruined it for everyone else. I think half of my military career was spent explaining this to airmen.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Rules happen because somebody went and ruined it for everyone else. I think half of my military career was spent explaining this to airmen.
Exactly!
I work in Costco, giving out product samples. Yesterday I was sampling Fruit By The Foot(Fruit Roll ups). The snack is in long strips, laid and rolled on waxed paper to keep it from sticking to itself. We actually have to tell the members "please do not eat the paper, this should be removed before eating the product". Part of the "confusion" is that there are similar snacks in other areas of the world, that use rice paper for this purpose, and it IS edible.