Stay and listen OR ride in back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Since I am new enough that I cannot start a thread in some places yet, I am asking these questions here. Two threads at TYF that were/are interesting. If don't care, don't respond.

Have you ever got where you wanted to go in your vehicle and then stayed in the vehicle to finish listening to a song or talk on the radio?

Have you ever rode in the back seat of your own vehicle, and why?

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a good song comes on that I haven't heard in ages I will definitely sit and listen to the end, even if I am in my own driveway. I have sat in the passengers seat of my wifes car that I regularly drive, and it just felt too weird not having anything to do except sit there.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I like certain music and will listen till the end to Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Commitments, some MoTown and Patsy Cline.

I was driven home by a mother and daughter one time, when I had 1 too many at a bar that the mother's band was playing at.

Yes, it is a weird feeling, to ride in the back of your own vehicle.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Absolutely. Hell, I've gone to sit in my vehicle in the driveway just to listen to music before. There was a time that my car stereo was better/louder than the home stereo. :lol:

Have you ever rode in the back seat of your own vehicle, and why?

Not sure if this really counts as I didn't own it at the time, but I used to ride in the back seats of my Suburban as a kid constantly. Mom bought it new off the lot.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Music, yes. It takes me about 3-4 minutes to get from my place to the school I teach at. I often sit in the parking lot to finish a song if it started half way there. Most recently, yesterday AM with Lauren Daigle "How Can It Be" (Contemporary Christian). I've had my truck three years now and only two people, my niece and nephew, have sat in the back seat.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's an artist/song I really like, or have history with, I will try not to cut it off short... it seems disrespectful somehow. I also used to wait for Rush to get to a commercial break before cutting him off.

My back seat/bed riding happens when surf fishing and we're bouncing from spot to spot. Anyone can drive...and I don't care where I'm sitting. It is the only place on earth that applies though. I don't think I've ever ridden in the back seat/bed anywhere else.... boat launching/loading maybe, if that even counts.