Local Shop Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hi all,

I am looking for recommendations for shops that will be able to work on my truck, specifically lowering it at this time. I am located just outside of Toronto, ON.
Well welcome from way out west in Alberta.
Few questions.
What truck? Year model etc.
I would hope it's an OBS, but ya never know.
HOW to you want it lowered?
Bags, hydraulics, spindles and flip, springs and shackle/hangers etc?
Budget is a big one.

I personally don't know of any shops out there as well ....I'm a long way away.

If it's not a air or hydro system, most competent mechanic shops should be able to slap in some springs, spindles, shocks and hangers for ya. Its the others that get complicated.

But if you have the space and tools, lowering these the conventional way(spindles,flip) is not really all that hard, just takes some time, tools and patience.

Not giving you grief as to why you want someone else to do it, not everyone is capable or willing to. But if you answer these questions, will be easier to help along with your project.

rhammond

Reaction score
Thanks so much. It’s a 98 Silverado.

I’m really just looking for a 2/4 drop so spindles upfront, and I think hangers and shackles and back should get me that

It’s mostly the c notch that has me concerned. I am not the guy that can do that. Everything else is easy. But my other problem is time, I’ve been replacing the door speakers for the past two weeks lol I’ve been riding around without door trim for a week as I just don’t have the time these days.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks so much. It’s a 98 Silverado.

I’m really just looking for a 2/4 drop so spindles upfront, and I think hangers and shackles and back should get me that

It’s mostly the c notch that has me concerned. I am not the guy that can do that. Everything else is easy. But my other problem is time, I’ve been replacing the door speakers for the past two weeks lol I’ve been riding around without door trim for a week as I just don’t have the time these days.
I hear you about time, it's in short supply for most people these days.
A 2/4 should only take a good day, maybe two at the most. As long as you're truck is relatively rust free under there. The front hangers are a bit tricky I've heard, especially the drivers side as the gas tank is right there. You have to move the tank over to get the bolts out, or cut them off without blowing yourself up! Lol
Doing the C-notch is easy peasy if you have a grinder. Honestly, it's probably easier than doing the front hangers.

rhammond

Reaction score
I hear you about time, it's in short supply for most people these days.
A 2/4 should only take a good day, maybe two at the most. As long as you're truck is relatively rust free under there. The front hangers are a bit tricky I've heard, especially the drivers side as the gas tank is right there. You have to move the tank over to get the bolts out, or cut them off without blowing yourself up! Lol
Doing the C-notch is easy peasy if you have a grinder. Honestly, it's probably easier than doing the front hangers.
Thanks for the reply appreciate it.

I happen to find a shop that will be able to do it for me in a day. So I think for my time I’m just gonna take it over there.

Kind of the same thing with an engine swap for me. I could do it myself, but I just don’t have the time. Barely have time to get my sons dirtbike ready

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is no shame in having someone else do work for you, not everyone has the time, tools, space or know how to accomplish all the things that need doing.
Now get that bike ready to go and update us with some pictures when it's sitting down lower!