Rear end popping when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My spider gears are shot for anyone with the same question.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quick question, once I get my spider gears pulled out can I reinstall my axels with c clips and the cross pin to roll the truck out of the bay until my parts come in?

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could I remove the drive shaft and pull it around with 4 high?
I'm only asking because I'm using my neighbors shop and he might need the bay clear tomorrow.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Only if you find some way to plug the t-case from puking fluid out the slip yolk.

If you pulled the spider gears, re-assembled you could use 4-hi to move it around. Rear end would just spin free. I wouldn't drive it like that long though.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would only move all of 100 feet to get out of the way. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't mess up anything in the carrier or ring and pinion with everything but spider gears re installed.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
This definitely sounds like a bad spider gear! I poped one, but i kept driving because i never really noticed it till.... The gears got stuck in the ring and pinion, those didnt like it to much! took my rear end apart and had broken teeth everywhere!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if the spider gears are intact and not busted apart why ot put them back in, then move it, then tear it all apart when the parts come in?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
shot doesn't tell me much, they could just be worn, chipped anything, since it worked. I have no way of knowing without asking, everyone's definition of "shot" means different things.

busted or broke, yea that tells me they are not able to be put back in the rear.

I've seen it before, split completely in two and then I've seen chipped or missing teeth, or even worn down badly. I wasn't sure exactly what "shot" meant, so my bad.

Now with no spiders c clips are only going to hold on by luck, the axle could walk in and cause the clip to come loose, continueing to move it can cause them to then walk out.

Honeslty I'd leave the center pin and bolt out, all the spiders, then just push it.