Rear disc brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fairly sure that the five lug (454SS) 9.5" 14 bolt has different brake mounting flanges than the standard 10 bolt. Not sure about other variations...
Damn!!! Off by 1 lug. But OP is talking about a 2wd nevertheless.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I converted my sf 14b to disc, and my master cylinder to a gmt800.

It is nice to be able to check and change brake pads quickly, also never have to worry about adjustments. The master cylinder feels better but takes more force (on the brake pedal) to get the same work done. I might replace the brake pads with something more grippy when the time comes. My brakes work well, but you really have to push that pedal in panic situations, and I have won several state championships racing mountain bikes so leg strength isn't my issue.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is nice to be able to check and change brake pads quickly, also never have to worry about adjustments. The master cylinder feels better but takes more force (on the brake pedal) to get the same work done. I might replace the brake pads with something more grippy when the time comes. My brakes work well, but you really have to push that pedal in panic situations, and I have won several state championships racing mountain bikes so leg strength isn't my issue.
Maybe try Raysbestos Element3 with now HH friction code.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

...The master cylinder feels better but takes more force (on the brake pedal) to get the same work done... ...you really have to push that pedal in panic situations, and I have won several state championships racing mountain bikes so leg strength isn't my issue.
What calipers on the front and rear?

brningdawn

Reaction score
I thought the Little Shop Manufacturing conversion kit was pretty well liked here? I was going to get their front upgrade and rear disc conversion. My 92 is terrifying in emergencies. Don't want to go that route if it's not worth it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score