Rain leaking in drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

missouritig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2000 k3500 single cab long bed, 5.7 auto 4x4

Rain is getting in under my vinyl floor.

Where should I look? The door trim and windshield trim doesnt seem terrible, but I havent ruled it out. Where else should I be looking?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2000 k3500 single cab long bed, 5.7 auto 4x4

Rain is getting in under my vinyl floor.

Where should I look? The door trim and windshield trim doesnt seem terrible, but I havent ruled it out. Where else should I be looking?
The cowl vent has screws in it that can leak. There are numerous threads about it on here. Should be able to find some with the search feature.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to add to the list above, mine leaked here:

1. Through the rubber boot in the cab (where the door wires pass) by the parking brake.

2. Through the inner (metal) door panel. Rain splashed on the stuff inside and ran down behind the door panel into the door sill.

A water hose test would probably be the way to go to narrow it down.

missouritig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put some RTV in the cowl cover thread hole and there was some sort of putty that broke off near what I think is the corner seam of the cab structure? I cleaned out a section where it broke and filled that in with RTV. Its right next to the cowl cover and the door frame. I thought it was a sloppy weld but its some sort of bondo/putty

The drains also looked clogged and I cleaned that out too.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pictures would help, but it sounds like you're describing the factory seam sealer under the cowl. If a chunk of that separated and broke off, I'd say there's a good chance that's where your water is coming from.