Wet Floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCBrochacho

Reaction score
Hello all. 1st post.
I just purchased a 98 Silverado from my father in-law. Overall the vehicle is in excellent shape (minus cracked dash). He said a new leak somewhere has the driver floor soaked. I checked rubber around door and appears ok. Thoughts of where else I can look?
You must be registered for see images attach

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lift the bonnet and check the screws that hold the plastic cowl grill in place as the holes they screw into go straight through above the heater box and water will leak through onto the floor, put a bit of sealant under them. Secondly, there is a cover you will see on the passenger side just in front of that same grill that is held in with sealant from the factory, if anyone has leaned on it or put weight on it the old sealant will crack and allow water to seep through in the same place above the heater box and flood the floor as well. Just sand the old sealant until clean and reapply some fresh stuff on there.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Heater core and the notorious cowl screw get the passenger floor wet.

My bet is on windshield.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s other reasons too. Mine was clogged cowl drains. But mine was passenger side, not sure if cowl drains could cause driver side.

Last edited: