Radiator Oil Cooler Adapter Fitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have all my hoses and lines off right now, i refuse to put back on those crappy quick disconnects. Did you reach out to lgbilletusa about machining the fitting?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have all my hoses and lines off right now, i refuse to put back on those crappy quick disconnects. Did you reach out to lgbilletusa about machining the fitting?
ICT Billet blew me off when I messaged them as did Cunningham machine. The only one that expressed any interest was Racetronix, but nearly a year later I have not seen anything further.

This problem is so common it really irks me that people with the power to create a desired product have not in over 20 years. There are literally dozens of posts in every GMT400 or GMT800 group regarding these fittings and lack of availability. ICT Billets response was add an external cooler and bypass the OE one. I guess they fail to realize I am in Texas and do not want to add even more heat in front of my ac condensor. I already removed a Trucool 40K because it blocked too much airflow to the condenser as it is.

Last edited:

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ICT Billet blew me off when I messaged them as did Cunningham machine. The only one that expressed any interest was Racetronix, but nearly a year later I have not seen anything further.

This problem is so common it really irks me that people with the power to create a desired product have not in over 20 years. There are literally dozens of posts in every GMT400 or GMT800 group regarding these fittings and lack of availability. ICT Billets response was add an external cooler and bypass the OE one. I guess they fail to realize I am in Texas and do not want to add even more heat in front of my ac condensor. I already removed a Trucool 40K because it blocked too much airflow to the condenser as it is.
I sent an inquiry to lgbilletusa about making them

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the adapter off an old stock line last night. Couldnt find a 3/8 npt tap this morning, but not sure it would fit now that i put the 1/4 in. Anyway. 1/4 cut the fitting ok. This is just a mock up with some swaglok fittings laying around. Would need an npt/AN fitting, i dont think a 1/4npt- 10AN exist though. Would need 1/4npt - 8an adapter and 8an/10an hose fitting. Would need a thicker than stock oring on the stock adapter to account for thickness of the tube crimp that locks the adpater on the stock tubing. Maybe not im not sure, might just be able to push an oring into the port and screw down the fitting. I have my old radiator drained and out to pressure test, will order the needed fittings and report back
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your minimum fluid passage size? Seems to me you're going to make the hoses fit the radiator, but choke the oil flow in the process.
The black fitting is stock size, the ID of the male fitting should be around the same size as the tubing that feeds through it. I dont have the fitting yet that i plan to use, but 1/4 npt should be the same, ill measure the ID of both the stock tube and fitting. This is all experimental still, not sure what issues may still arise

8.5mm is the ID of the 1/4npt fitting. Will find out tonight what stock tubing is unless someone knows

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your minimum fluid passage size? Seems to me you're going to make the hoses fit the radiator, but choke the oil flow in the process.
stock oil cooler tubing was measured at about 9-9.5 mm, so at most its no more the 1mm smaller then the stock tubing