Radiator Oil Cooler Adapter Fitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A bit of a rant by why can the AN fitting manufacturers still not make the correct oil cooler fitting for our commonly made replacement radiators in 2022 to go to an -10AN male thread. Every single one I have talked with just blows us off. Just need to make a simple M20x1.5 male thread with an o-ring to properly seal on the end like a Dorman 800-607 quicj connect and a -10an male thread on the other end. How dang hard would that be for Russell, Pure Choice, Earl's, Vibrant, Cunningham Machine, ICT Billet or the like to make? I currently have a straight short thread M20x1.5 with a flat washer o'ring that seeps even with thread paste on it. Much less leakage than the factory quick connects but still annoying none the less!
You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it common for the small blocks to have quick connects on the radiator side? My 454 had lines that fit directly to the radiator. Quick connects were only on the block side.
Maybe not on the GMT400, but on the GMT800s, S10s, Astro/Safari and the Express/Savanna the quick connects were used on the radiator side. I had to use the fittings on my 99 Tahoe to re-use the 8.1Ls oil cooler lines that were sourced from the donor van.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know I used custom made fittings,but one of the ideas was this-have you seen these before? Now Idk what's the diameter of them,but that last bit flanged end is interesting,as it looks like a factory fitting for o rings. I used 1 oring on radiator side,one on m20x1.5 mishimoto(any brand will do thi mishimotos has inverted "cone"opening,so the o ring fits nicely in it and keeps that piece of pipe dead centre.

Attachments

• Capture+_2022-06-22-01-55-34.png
    Capture+_2022-06-22-01-55-34.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture+_2022-03-11-17-44-14.png
    Capture+_2022-03-11-17-44-14.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20220309-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20220309-WA0008.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 19

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

would neither of these work, or are these what you are already using and having seepage. I am going through building all new tpfe hoses and have been having trouble with the radiator port adapters. do you know what size the trans cooler ports are?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

would neither of these work, or are these what you are already using and having seepage. I am going through building all new tpfe hoses and have been having trouble with the radiator port adapters. do you know what size the trans cooler ports are?
The oil cooler fittings are too shallow and the flanges too narrow to allow the sealing washer/oring to seat. The fitting has to have an oring on the very end of the tip for it to seal. I have stock oil cooler lines at the moment on mine. The replacement lines on my van were made by Sunsong who makes the OE AC Delco ones.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The oil cooler fittings are too shallow and the flanges too narrow to allow the sealing washer/oring to seat. The fitting has to have an oring on the very end of the tip for it to seal. I have stock oil cooler lines at the moment on mine. The replacement lines on my van were made by Sunsong who makes the OE AC Delco ones.
Have you considered cutting the tubing off to get the stock fitting and cutting npt threads in it

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you considered cutting the tubing off to get the stock fitting and cutting npt threads in it
My stock fittings are leak prone quick disconnects. I changed the lines and radiator because my old engine had metal in the oil, my lines were not leaking, but the quick connects (all 4 of them) puke every year or two. I found a high temperature orange o-ring set that had the proper sizes in it and so far they have held up since last fall, but not a ton of miles being driven.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's an "O ring boss " AN fitting. That fitting would adapt, or provide a fitting for a machined flat face. Example a hydraulic manifold, the fitting to attach a hose for in or out. The o ring is compressed in tight tolerance machined " crush area".