Prothane vs rubber body mount bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, the cab bushings, front and rear are the same. Only the radiator support are different.
They are completely different for regular cabs and extra cabs(each have different part numbers for front cab and rear cab, I believe extra cabs front and mid mount are the same and their rear mounts are different).Regular and extra cabs use same 2 different parts, just different amounts. Suburbans and Tahoes use a completely different part and it’s the same part everywhere except for core support.
To simplify:

Regular Cab
Front-15567808
Rear-15567810
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Extra Cab
Front-15567808
Mid-15567808
Rear-15567810

Suburban
10 mounts-15667493

Tahoe
8 mounts-15667493
All use same core support-15548600

Last edited:

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think that's supposed to be metal you're seeing in the picture of the Prothane bushings. I think it's a weird reflection and/or poor picture. There's no reason for metal to be there. I have them, but have only used one of them. I used the one to restore the height of my cab at the back. The OEM bushings do use some giant washer type deal, than I'm not sure the urethane bushings do....maybe that is the height differance?
No metal sleeves, that's possible. Even the first set I received, red in color, showed what appeared to be a metal sleeve around the base of all the upper bushings. I was assuming these sleeves gave the bushing protection from shaving the sides that sat inside the frame mount brackets

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm no help with the subject. Here's a suburban polyurethane body mount from energy suspension. The metal looks like a collar to me. I don't believe it goes all the way through. Too me it looks like it just helps it from deforming when install on the frame.

Attachments

• 17022413747713976178713719793839.jpg
    17022413747713976178713719793839.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 14

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm no help with the subject. Here's a suburban polyurethane body mount from energy suspension. The metal looks like a collar to me. I don't believe it goes all the way through. Too me it looks like it just helps it from deforming when install on the frame.
That's what I'm seeing in the pictures. A metal collar of sort. Thus leaves me wondering if they should be there for it's protection on the frame.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I kind of ignored the metal sleeve part over the height differences, but in reality yeah I wouldn't run them without a sleeve there. So thank you for saving me the hassle, and sorry you're having problems. The picture does look like they have them to me. Just dumpster food. Nolathane has some nice looking ones, but them or energy suspension. Sure is a lot of GM part numbers to track down, since they don't include the lowers it seems.