Procedure for minor surface rust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iblemz

Reaction score
Everyone is on the right track with their recommendations . Only thing I can add is to end using 400 after primer (if you are priming). Or 240 / 320 before primer. Also remember to cross sand.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can put epoxy primer on with a brush, it will just take a lot of sanding to get ready to paint. It will protect your repairs till it is time to prep for painting. Epoxy primer is tough to sand if you brush it on you will need to start with 220 wet or 150 dry.

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my 2 ct but you can also use white vinger to remove surface rust.
I had some typical rust on the roof ,took a gallon of white vinger added a cup of salt mixed it together and laid paper towels over the rust spots and poured the mixture on and let it soak. A couple hours and then scub it off with a stainless steel scrub pad . If that didn’t get it all let it soak more. Once you get it all Neutralize it with a little bit a water and some baking soda and then wipe everything down with alcohol and then proceed with Primer and paint . Works like a champ if I’m lying I’m dying

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Salt?? No, no, no.... Salt is the destroyer of vehicles. No way I would sprinkle it all over then rinse it down into all the nooks and crannies and pinchwelds to breed rust where you can't see it.