power windows won't work on my 94 !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stepside94

Reaction score
Lost my power windows all of a sudden driver and passenger side, replaced 30 amp fuse, checked motors both sides,got some good switches from wrecker still nothing. What might I be missing. Not good with volt meter, but I do have one. Thanks

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
These are really basic... basicly got 3 wires that go thrue the dash to connect to each window and lock motor... So you only have the fuse to check, motors and the wires... I would ground the motors and see if that fixes it. Or open your door, cut the black wire covers out and grab the wires with two hands and pull on each one. Looking for broken wires! I can almost guaranty you have a broken wire in the driver door from the constant open/close. The wire insulator drys out and get stiff or the wires just simply brakes.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Broken wires in the driver's door for sure. When you make a repair, pull the kick panel, then pull plugs out where you can get at them in the door jamb area, and make your repair so that the repair will not be flexing when the door opens and closes. Fix one wire at a time, cutting out a section and then installing a nice long piece ( 6-7 inches ) with heat shrink... and move on to the next one.

Insert the harness back in the pillar and connect the plugs, re-install the kick panel... enjoy having power windows again.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
yupp... I did the same thing, except I had the whole wiring harness out because I converted my truck to power... Should see all the wires that were broken, in many places!! amazing the windows and locks actually worked!!