Window doesnt roll up or down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyz7195

Reaction score
My driver side window doesn't roll up or down when pressing switch,it does have power goin it when l pressed on switch. Is the switch or bad or window motor bad? Its 95 k1500 z71

Last edited:

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The gear teeth will strip out also, especially on cheapo replacements... but you should hear it turning if that is it. Make sure and get steel gears if replacing. Remove the vent at end of door and look inside with a flashlight.

chevyz7195

Reaction score
The gear teeth will strip out also, especially on cheapo replacements... but you should hear it turning if that is it. Make sure and get steel gears if replacing. Remove the vent at end of door and look inside with a flashlight.
It's a factory one I got from a 98 two yrs at junkyard.l don't hear anything at all when pressing on switch.l'll do that with vent and see.

Last edited:

PM18S4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it work intermittently or not at all?

For some reason on my 1999 K1500 Suburban the front driver window doesn't work if it is rolled all the way up and it is hot.
If it is roll it down even the smallest amount or I let it cool off, it works again, no idea why.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score

For some reason on my 1999 K1500 Suburban the front driver window doesn't work if it is rolled all the way up and it is hot.
If it is roll it down even the smallest amount or I let it cool off, it works again, no idea why.
My 03 Blazer is exactly the same, both sides. I know mine is because of weak regulator motors. I disabled my auto-down feature because of it, had to take apart the motor in order to get the window to go back up after it stuck itself at the bottom of its travel on a particularly hot day.

chevyz7195

Reaction score

Not at all anymore you kinda hear it, not really at all.it doesn't roll at all when pressing switch up or down