Power windows and Locks don't work. HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boulky12

Reaction score
Whats up guys. I got a 1990 Chevy 1500 RCSB with a V8 Tbi. Picked it for $900. Runs great but needs some things here and there, like the power windows and locks needing attention.

They don't work at all. Driver's side and Pass. side. I tested the motor on the driver side with a hot battery and it went up and down. I'm assuming Pass. side motor is good because the whole door is in immaculate shape compared to driver's side.

All the buttons on the switches feel good and the little copper probes don't look all burnt or green.

I checked the wiring going from the door to the cab and it all looks good.

Is there any ground connections you guys know of that I could check?

If you have any other thoughts please chime in. Thanks

Boulky12

Reaction score
Checked all fuses and they're good. Anybody have any clue?

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could still be the switches.
On my '89 they looked fine but didn't work, something internal I guess.
I replaced all of them and they work fine now.
Also I noticed that both switches for one window had to work or neither would.

Boulky12

Reaction score
It could still be the switches.
On my '89 they looked fine but didn't work, something internal I guess.
I replaced all of them and they work fine now.
Also I noticed that both switches for one window had to work or neither would.

Hmm Interesting. I do have some extra window/lock switches I picked up at the junkyard the other day. I'll try several combinations and see if I can get anything. Thanks for your input.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm Interesting. I do have some extra window/lock switches I picked up at the junkyard the other day. I'll try several combinations and see if I can get anything. Thanks for your input.
Yeah the drivers side just needs the one switch so you could try them there first. Auto parts stores usually have them in stock.

Boulky12

Reaction score
Yeah the drivers side just needs the one switch so you could try them there first. Auto parts stores usually have them in stock.

Got the windows working! I was missing the Ign/ Acc 30 amp fuse. Plugged it in and they work great but the door locks still don't work.

What do you guys think. What's the fuse for the door locks?

I appreciate the help. Thanks

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your cig lighter , if it doesn't work as well it will be a fuse. Was on mine anyway. Can't remember which fuse though:hmm:

Boulky12

Reaction score
Check your cig lighter , if it doesn't work as well it will be a fuse. Was on mine anyway. Can't remember which fuse though:hmm:

Found out it's the #12 20 amp fuse, Labeled CTSY, and the fuse is good. Along with the rest of the fuses.

I think I'm gonna have to test the actuators.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The power door locks on my 98 both quit working just the other day. Neither switch works, the power accessory fuse looked okay aside from a touch of white corrosion on the pins, so I ended up replacing it as well, still have the issue. Does anyone know if both switches need to be working on the 95+ interiors as well? Thank you!

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found out it's the #12 20 amp fuse, Labeled CTSY, and the fuse is good. Along with the rest of the fuses.

I think I'm gonna have to test the actuators.
Mine was fuse 13 on my 99 suburban. Changed it and door locks work again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk