Power steering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
So I replaced the high pressure line on my truck today.
Still leaks! Soon as I start the engine, the PS fluid leaks out again.
Where I attached to hose to the back of the pump, that connection on the pump swivels. Is this right? Supposed to do that? Or is it broken? This is where it seems to be leaking from. If that connection is supposed to move, should I replace the return line?
The pump isn't that old. Maybe a year since I installed it.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would have replaced both while I was in there so you only had to lose fluid once

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Started this thread in frustration.
Turned to you guys hoping for a quick solution without doing some research, first.
I found the prob! It's the EVO connection. POS!
This what I found online.

You must be registered for see images attach

These are the instructions for the kit to eliminate it.

Pressure line goes into the front of that lower piece hanging down.

The kit to eliminate the EVO crap.

Elimination kit installed.

Was trying to do this without having to pull the pulley to remove the pump.
Guess what I'm doing tomorrow!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Replaced the low pressure line.
The EVO sensor is leaking (pouring!) the fluid out. Both hoses are new. 0 miles. It has had the electronics disconnected for the EVO for a few years now. Not a fan of the over-boosted feel @ speed with it unhooked.
I've been told that a cure is to eliminate the evo sensor on the pump, then replace the high pressure hose with a pre-'97, which I have. It has the proper bends to attach to the pump. Attaches @ the back of the pump instead of the front position required to use the EVO.
My questions are, do I also have to replace the spring that goes inside the pump between the fitting with the non-EVO spring? Can I even use this pump, or do I have to use the pre-'97 one?
Do I have to swap out that orifice thingy that goes between the pump & the line @ the back of the pump to a non-EVO design?
Are there any other changes that have to be done to get this to work?
I'm tired of wearing this hydro-fluid! Been working on this with the pump still in the truck. If I need to take the pump out, I can't get a puller to rent until tomorrow. Would really like to get this done & over with today!
Thanks!