power lock malfunction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 z71

Reaction score
so a few weeks ago my buddy wanted to hop in the truck, i hit my unlock on my key and it unlocked my door but didnt his, so i hit it again, and it unlocked it, but was supposidly locked still, so i played with the power lock unlock to get it to open, finally it opned, then the next day the interrior lock/unlock button on both doors wouldnt do anything, the key still unlocks and locks it, but the interrior buttons quit working???

looked for the fuse in the fuse box in the dash but couldnt find the right fuse cause they didnt match the diagram on the cover at all, and the one for the power locks in the manual is a 20 if i remember and it had 2 30s under it, i only have one 30 and its not even close to the power lock one, confused :hmm:

any clue onto whats going on? its getting annoying always used to hitting the button and nothing happens, and having to resort to the key everytime :nono:

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you have remote start? i do and when mine did the exact same thing it was a loose connection on the box under the dash

97 z71

Reaction score
no i dont, i wish, but there was a switch for remote start under the dash as the previous owner had remote start on it but cant find the remote for it

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if thats still hooked up it could affect it even though your not using it, just make sure all connections are tight.