Power door locks not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
my 1988 locks weren't working when I bought it. Bought 1 switch and tried it first on driver's side, still didn't work then passenger side, didn't work. Bought the second switch and they started working again with 2 new switches. Both switches have to be good for them to work. That's how it was on my truck ,might not workwith yours
Interesting, I will check it out!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a similar issue in my first car ('91 Nissan Maxima). Drivers master window switch failed and wouldn't allow you to operate the front passenger window from the driver or passenger switches. I replaced the drivers side switch and everything started working again.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The locks cycling once when you replaced the fuse makes it seem to me like a switch is shorted, or the relay is stuck (think: welded contacts) - OR.. wiring in/near one of your door jambs is broken and shorted. Problem areas right where they bend in the middle of the boot.

Richard