Power draw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sethterry1696

Reaction score
I have a 93 k2500 with a 350 when I bought the truck the guy had a battery shut off because it would kill the battery over night I installed a brand new optima red top and removed the remote start that quit working it still will drain the battery over night or 2 nights any idea what could cause this? The alternator works great so I know that's not the issue

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 93 k2500 with a 350 when I bought the truck the guy had a battery shut off because it would kill the battery over night I installed a brand new optima red top and removed the remote start that quit working it still will drain the battery over night or 2 nights any idea what could cause this? The alternator works great so I know that's not the issue
do a parasitic draw test and start pulling **** fuses or relayss or both and see if something drops. if so, investigate what that circuit drives. then find the fuse or device that still is. a bad relay itself could for example

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 91 k1500 w/350 was doing the same thing. I suspected the aftermarket radio or bad power/ground wires but turned out to be the heated (3 wire) 02 sensor that I had wired to a constant 12v source instead of switched 12v. Good luck!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to utube, search for parasitic battery drain testing, parasitic voltage testing. You'll get it better " show and tell".

Sethterry1696

Reaction score
I hope I found the problem the cargo lamp never worked and the wording on the switch was worn off so the lamp was left on I unhooked the switch and did a parasitic draw test and it was all normal I should have tested it then pulled the plug but let you all know if it solved the issue in a day or 2

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope I found the problem the cargo lamp never worked and the wording on the switch was worn off so the lamp was left on I unhooked the switch and did a parasitic draw test and it was all normal I should have tested it then pulled the plug but let you all know if it solved the issue in a day or 2
Wow that is one big run on sentence it would be great if you could add a few punctuation marks to help break up the length of the statement so the rest of us could better understand that or if you actually fixed the issue so we dont continue to add suggestions beyond the aid of the previously written posts that may or may not have helped you it's very hard to know if you fixed the problem and it's very hard to continue typing this because my mind doesn't work in one giant long diatribe of a run on sentence

Sethterry1696

Reaction score
Wow that is one big run on sentence it would be great if you could add a few punctuation marks to help break up the length of the statement so the rest of us could better understand that or if you actually fixed the issue so we dont continue to add suggestions beyond the aid of the previously written posts that may or may not have helped you it's very hard to know if you fixed the problem and it's very hard to continue typing this because my mind doesn't work in one giant long diatribe of a run on sentence
Man this forum is full of people who just talk a bunch of crap on every little thing. Thanks to the people that actually suggests something not just be a idot like all these others....

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man this forum is full of people who just talk a bunch of crap on every little thing. Thanks to the people that actually suggests something not just be a idot like all these others....

Typical. Responder offers constructive criticism. O.P. resorts to name calling. Calls responder an "idot"

What is an "idot"?

Last edited:

mortten

Reaction score
Maybe it was your attempt at sarcasm that triggered his response. You complain about a run on sentence and answer with a run on sentence.