Post your OBDII Scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice!

Just a few thoughts on your dashboard... I have calculated HP and torque on my main page. Just a thought but if your not having overheating or charging problems, you can replace those with something more useful. Also, the speedometer is more useful in decimal mode (eg: 56.7mph) rather than an analog gauge IMO. and Miles/gallon is more intuitive than gal/hr
My unit should be here Wednesday. I'll start with the basics and see how it goes as I learn about this software.
I appreciate the advice!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you know what years the police package your referring to was offered?

The switch I mentioned was a '95+ thing for sure as it's designed to fit the newer style dash/interior. The police package (RPO Z56) Tahoes may have existed before that, I'm not positive. They also got other cool options, like a 130MPH speedometer in the cluster. Here's a thread with a pic of the "DRL OFF" switch.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/todays-junkyard-finds-z56-police-tahoe-and-escalade.22221/

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, got the device working today, raining out so didn't spend much time.
Need to find info on setting up the truck manually. Lot of things I don't know the value to enter.

Anyone set up a 97 k3500 7.4?!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Ok, got the device working today, raining out so didn't spend much time.
Need to find info on setting up the truck manually. Lot of things I don't know the value to enter.

Anyone set up a 97 k3500 7.4?!

LOL! thats what all of my images are from... a 97 k3500 454

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah info on who and what gets transmission temperature is all over the place it seems. For 1996 anyway!

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL! thats what all of my images are from... a 97 k3500 454
NICE!
I went back out and fiddled some more.
Here is a report capture, I had to convert to png but we'll see. It is a skinny file so will need to zoom to see probably!
Will be interested to hear feedback on this initial report.

You must be registered for see images attach