Post your OBDII Scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Nice, got a name of the mount?! I tried my old iPad but it is too old for the app apparently.
I am going to use a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 instead.

Just make sure your galaxy is smaller than the max opening of the mount.

Again, that is just a cheap mount and they make better ones but I was just trying to get in the game for the lowest price at the time. I may upgrade to a stronger one this summer.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The discussion about tablet mounts reminded me of this guy's kits:

https://soundman.co/

Not exactly a cheap or DIY solution for a lot of people as you have to custom mold them into your dash bezel, but some of them look really nice installed. His iPad/Galaxy mount kits have magnetic sliders so you can quickly remove the tablet but at the same time they're held pretty securely.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Just make sure your galaxy is smaller than the max opening of the mount.

Again, that is just a cheap mount and they make better ones but I was just trying to get in the game for the lowest price at the time. I may upgrade to a stronger one this summer.
Thanks, I actually found that one and a few reviews reported a weak link in it but the other one I posted does seem to have a lot of decent reviews.
I ordered the other on for $17 cheap enough to try it out.
If it all works ok I may end up looking for a better mount.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HHow does GMT 400 DRL work? A module that powers the high beams at 6 volts, it powers on the low beams in any capacity, when in gear, or is it a dedicated power line and use gear position, etc etc.

Basically what Im trying to get at is there is an INPUT to a Module or a switch that says "turn on" you just need to intercept that input and switch it with your own creation or disable it for good. Depending on your choice of course.

Its not class 2 yet so there are discrete connections in those trucks vs my park avenue has a lot of class 2 stuff for that all

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
HHow does GMT 400 DRL work? A module that powers the high beams at 6 volts, it powers on the low beams in any capacity, when in gear, or is it a dedicated power line and use gear position, etc etc.

The GMT400 DRLs use the low beams, and they're on any time the truck is running unless the parking brake is engaged. FWIU they're run at a reduced voltage (or possibly PWM) via a control module and a diode. Removing the DRL/Fog fuse (provided the truck in question is not equipped with factory fog lights) will disable them. Removing the diode under the dash and/or the module control board will do the same, and some people report that removing these will disable the green DRL indicator light in the cluster. Just removing the fuse leaves the indicator light operational.

I know there was a factory "DRL Disable" dash switch that the police package Tahoes got, but it's a discontinued part and pretty rare to find. It would be interesting to see how those were wired up from the factory.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you know what years the police package your referring to was offered?

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a picture of one of the OBDLink customizable dash's on a Galaxy Tab A 10.1. You can swipe and get more gauges and info. Should be fun.
Now waiting for the device to show!

You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Nice!

Just a few thoughts on your dashboard... I have calculated HP and torque on my main page. Just a thought but if your not having overheating or charging problems, you can replace those with something more useful. Also, the speedometer is more useful in decimal mode (eg: 56.7mph) rather than an analog gauge IMO. and Miles/gallon is more intuitive than gal/hr

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Here is my dashboard

I want to add some more square gauges in the bottom corners but I havent figured out what would be useful yet

Attachments

• 20211227_114046.jpg
    20211227_114046.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 13