Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Ok. So I have a 96 ex cab swb stepside 2wd. This truck is my old truck and I will be passing it down to my son in the next couple of months. We want to level the truck and add some new rims and a/t tires. The more I look into raising the front up 2" the more concerned I am about ride quality and alignment issues. Scott had mentioned dropping the back down with shackles and using a body lift to raise it 2" and it would be level. That wouldn't be a problem because I alrady have some 2" drop shackles. My one concern is how it would look in the back if we didn't raise the back bumper up. Does anyone have any rear pics of their stepside trucks with a bodylift? Just wondering how it would look if left bumper low or raised bumper and left reciever hitch low. Thanks for any pics.

You could always just get one of those steel roll pans and install it, that's the plan for myself if I ever go body lift too

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" leveling kit, that is actually now removed. I must not have put it in right, as it felt like I had no shocks installed. Bouncy/springy as hell and over even light bumps I felt like the front wheels would come off the ground and skip/screech on the pavement going faster than about 20 Mph

The plan was to lift it 2-4 inches then throw some 33's under it. I think the plan now is to just get some more rock/sand capable tires as this will be my hunting rig. Oh and to get the passenger car tires off it...

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
It's just both of their kits combined, the spindles and springs with a bigger block in the rear. I would imagine the ride would be stiffer up front.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
I hope they did enoghe R&D to prevent the upper control arms from hitting the frame and causing frame damage.

When I had the 4" spendels (RC) and a 2" spacers (other) .I had problems with alingment to where I needed extended upper control arms. And even then the control arms were bottoming out on the coil bucket on the frame and caused my upper control arm mounts to rip and crack the frame. All 4 of my UCA mounts are welded around the front and sides because of that.

I have since dropped down to a 1" spacer and have had no problems.

Just my .02 cents on the subject.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm considering lifting mine back up 2". Using a body lift this time. I can't ever leave it alone. Need to get it in better shape mechanically first but once that happens... I just might do it. :whymewhyme:

Reaction score
I stole the idea from FSC and i figured since there are several lifted 2wds in this forum they could post pics of there setup and all 2wd lifted questions could be asked here!
I have a 2 wheel drive extended cab Stepside I'm looking for pros and cons on the 6 in rough country lift kit they just came out with is it worth it or would it be worth it to do it to my 2 wheel drive she's a looker and don't do much pulling if any at all any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated