Possible transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asylestru

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 98 C1500 5.7. I recently swapped the PCM with an 0411 and couldn’t get it to start, even after checking pins, fuses, ignition connections, replacing parts, fuel pressure, and making sure timings are set correctly (with the #1 position at TDC). I’ve tried cranking while using starter fluid, but it never created any combustion, leading me to believe the ignition isn't working. I replaced both the ignition coil and ICM, but the problem persists.
Later, I found out using my scanner that the PCM, even after programming it, showed up that the current gear is in 3rd gear while in park. I initially thought it might be the P/N switch, so I replaced it, but with no results. I thought my splicing might have been done wrong, so I re-did it more professionally and made sure the pins were in the right place. Still, it wouldn’t start.
It also correctly shows the position the switch gives out through the PRND321 gear selection from my scanner, which made me believe that the wiring was already good. I went as far as buying another 0411 without programming to check if the PCM was the issue, but it also shows that the current gear was in 3rd.

Has anyone had this issue before? I tried looking it up as much as I could for almost a month with different methods. The truck drove well before swapping it to a 0411, and I strictly wanted it to become my next daily driver while also having the ability to upgrade performance down the road. Any help would be appreciated.