Popping turn signal fuses 94 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did not pull the flasher cube, but will try that next. I got a bit discouraged, and went back in the shop to do stuff I know a lot about, autobody sheetmetal repair on a different project. If all else fails I will check wiring from reverse light switch all the way up to the firewall plug,

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not pull the flasher cube, but will try that next. I got a bit discouraged, and went back in the shop to do stuff I know a lot about, autobody sheetmetal repair on a different project. If all else fails I will check wiring from reverse light switch all the way up to the firewall plug,
...but have you checked the wiring from the fuse box to the turn signals yet? I read through again and I can't see where you've stated you've done that.

If you're popping fuses, the problem is likely a wire rubbed through between the fuse box and the load. Do a good visual inspection of your turn signal circuit, following the wire from one end to the other. Pull your column connection loose and see if it still pops fuses. If it does, you know the problem is between the fuse box and column. If it doesn't, you know it's likely after that connection.

Yukon98

Reaction score
Maybe check your trailer wiring if you have it? If not hook up 100amps to it and let the smoke out of it. its a crude way of doing things but it will kill that grounded point/wire and make it easier to now find.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I disconnected the trailer harness. Dont plan on letting the magic smoke out for now, but thanks for the thoughts on that. I have the Mopar brand replacement wiring harness smoke. Anybody have a PN# for the GM type? Just in case the mopar smoke is not compatible.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I disconnected the trailer harness. Dont plan on letting the magic smoke out for now, but thanks for the thoughts on that. I have the Mopar brand replacement wiring harness smoke. Anybody have a PN# for the GM type? Just in case the mopar smoke is not compatible.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hilarious, It should come with a new Amp gauge and a dash pad. LOL