Poor Lazy Man paint job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

After i pulled the tape off, guess i had the runs from rolling on.. also some of the White paint peeled off to show bare metal... Ill paint over it later definitely going spray can for the white. Around windows/trim I literally 'cut' the paint with a box cutter because of little bridges over the tape.
Came off no problem with mineral spirits another week later

for the sections of white paint that came off with tape the above colormatched amazing for a 22 year old hard whiten tape line(<5ft paint job)... only weird thing was the original paint peeled up ever so slightly along its edges.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Hmmmm well like i said before looks good for a truck that sees off road duty. I can def see using white rustolium to redo the roof of my 3500 after i swap boxes this summer.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
some guy did this to his camaro but with extensive prep work, sanding, priming, sanding in between coats, multiple coats and many of clear, and then wetsanding and it came out beautifully.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call this a lazy way to paint. It's very labor intensive. Last summer, I painted a 75 Triumph Spitfire this way. It's many coats of paint and a ton of sanding, but, you can end up with a shiny vehicle.

I think the big trick is that although the Rustoleum will dry in a relatively short time, it takes forever to cure enough to really polish the gloss out. I basically let it sit in the garage all summer to cure and it made a world of difference over trying to buff a couple of weeks after it was painted.