Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have aluminum spacers similar to OP's on my k2500. I've put 7500 miles on them, about half that pulling a camper - they have been fine. Not a single loose stud. I wouldn't use them if they weren't hub centric.

Might just be the placebo effect, but the truck seems to handle better with the rear wheels spaced out. Especially while pulling the camper.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
To be fair I've never had an issue with an aluminum spacer, bit then again I've never put spacers on a truck. I discovered them in that dually build thread I was alluding to.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
If you have to run spacers, BORA are the best to go with. I bought a set based on a ton of recommendations for a truck I use to have, and never had any trouble out of them. I would check them for tightness from time to time, and they never loosened.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you have to run spacers, BORA are the best to go with. I bought a set based on a ton of recommendations for a truck I use to have, and never had any trouble out of them. I would check them for tightness from time to time, and they never loosened.

I forgot to tighten a wheel on a spacer once.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Exciting stuff coming in.

First I was able to get a hold of Realift and order a pair of their TB relocators. Very excited about that as I thought they were out of business. Turns out you have to call to order. Their pricing seems to be higher than what I've seen others having paid but I bit the hook all the same. Excited to see them. Supposedly the units are 11.5lbs a piece! Wow.

Also picked up the Back Country tires today. Just on first impression I'm pleased with them for $440 without tax for a set of 4. Seems like a hard to beat price. They measure in at just over 33" unmounted and unaired.

Also got my running boards in. Should have the Cadillac column by EOD so I can tear down tonight and get ready for the steering wheel swap tomorrow.

Going to bite the bullet early next week and get the suspension ordered and once that is in, frame coated and new steering/suspension we will be on the home stretch on this project!

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
The tires

Reaction score
Hi guys, First off I want to say "right" this resource is great!
Next, I would like to say trhat your truck is becoming somewhat of gem 'phat' . I am slowly grinding away at my own 98 GMC 1500 xc 4x and I recently installed a set of black 4" iconic straight Nerf bars. Well, halfway anyhow, till I can remove a rusted body mount bolt and finish installing the passenger side bar. (SMH) Again, a beautiful truck and inspiration on the interior re-carpeting undertaking as well!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So the crew cab long beds have 5/16" thick frames, I'm curious how thick your frame is. An ECLB has a 1/4" thick frame.