Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Also anyone know the brand of this crush guard? I really like it and bought it second hand.

The seller did not have the right brackets so I fabbed some up in a rush one day to get it on and out of the garage floor.

But would like to get the proper ones. Mine are beefy 3/16 steel plate but fiddling with the alignment etc is a PITA.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like the Westin I used to have

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Just got pair of the black/chrome NON-tow 2014+ side view mirrors with mirror-side turn signals and full power for $80. New takeoffs. Will start looking into the conversion next weekend. Hoping to get them wired for full feature but we will see.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Wow! Very nice work.....

Hey thanks!

Just got another package in.

The BORAs are about $100 more per pair than the Venom units I bought at first but I can say the quality is FAR and away better all around (even without consideration to the shipping damage on the last ones).

Also just from my recollection these feel much much lighter than the Venom units as well which would indicate superior material quality as well and the improvements in tooling for the production of the BORAs is immediately evident.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
At any rate. For something as critical as a wheel spacer it makes sense to spend the extra to ensure quality. See pics

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I would have bought steel spacers for a heavy truck. I was under the impression that that was the route you went.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I would have bought steel spacers for a heavy truck. I was under the impression that that was the route you went.

Really? That's something I've actually yet to even come across. Like a spun stainless deal?

Never seen a steel wheel spacer.

Vast majority of my experience is with sports cars and spacers/adapters so weight is critical.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Really? That's something I've actually yet to even come across. Like a spun stainless deal?

Never seen a steel wheel spacer.

Vast majority of my experience is with sports cars and spacers/adapters so weight is critical.

Yeah, the dually guys run them when they get wider tires. They'll put them between the inner and outer wheels so the sidewalls don't touch. I don't know offhand who makes them, but I bet a simple search would pull them up. I know David's dually has them, a member @DanteGTZ bought his truck.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah, the dually guys run them when they get wider tires. They'll put them between the inner and outer wheels so the sidewalls don't touch. I don't know offhand who makes them, but I bet a simple search would pull them up. I know David's dually has them, a member @DanteGTZ bought his truck.

Interesting. I even think the adapters my dad used to take his srw 3/4 ton 1965 GMC to a drw setup was a billet deal. So again, the steel comment was surprising. Will check them out.