Please help with a handful of issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bastages would flip it from 88-95 to 96-98...

I wiped off my VC and looked at this closer last light. It looks to me like this is the issue. The PCV slid out of the housing pretty easy. I'm going to get a replacement PCV grommet thingy and see if that helps. Hose connected to the top of the PCV seems tight.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't let this go for too long. If the pins & bushings get too worn, the hinges on the body will start to wear too. They are bonded to the body, & are extremely hard to replace.

Trying to get this fixed asap. It looks like I need to replace some stuff in the door as well, but I need to get it aligned 1st I think.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you go into more detail about the door pins? Are you talking about where the door mounts in the jam? or are you talking about the latch/post where it closes? I looked at the hinge and everything looks pretty good, but I have to admit, I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. In the door latch mechanism there are clearly some plastic bushing pieces that are worn.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As for the wipers,there is a circuit board mounted on the driver's side of the firewall, they commonly go bad. I am replacing mine in my '92 tomorrow, its a very simple fix and wont run you much over $20.

So I removed my pulse wiper module and resoldered the contacts. Haven't had an issue since doing this, but it was intermittent anyway. If it happens again I'll just replace the board altogether. I ordered door hinge pins. I've got a buddy that will help me replace those. I've got a feeling we can knock those out pretty easily.

Need to get some more information around the cat. The readout says something about other possible causes of this. I need to find it. Something about possible misfires in some cylinders. Just wondering where I need to start to see if there are other problems causing the cat to have issues.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Can you go into more detail about the door pins? Are you talking about where the door mounts in the jam? or are you talking about the latch/post where it closes? I looked at the hinge and everything looks pretty good, but I have to admit, I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. In the door latch mechanism there are clearly some plastic bushing pieces that are worn.

Yes, the pins are the parts in the jam. The latch pieces that are worn get that way because of the mis-alignment due to the worn pins. Some wear is normal from use & the age of these trucks.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, the pins are the parts in the jam. The latch pieces that are worn get that way because of the mis-alignment due to the worn pins. Some wear is normal from use & the age of these trucks.

Thanks. Ordered the pins last week. They should be here this week. I'll get around to installing them soon.