Please help! Idle issues now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes the one in the intake is the CTS, but it would make the truck run pig rich if it went bad. the pcv shouldn't make it run bad but it could be a possibility.

milky9788

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it only act up when it gets warmed up?...and I believe if the PCV valve rattles that means it's still good...Have you checked out your MAP sensor, you could have knock off the vacuum line from the back of the TB to the MAP off by accident

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I didn't notice the problem this morning when I started it up cold and drove it, nor was it apparent to me when I started home from work but by the time I got home (about 20 mins) is when it got bad enough to kill it about 200 yards from the house. Lost power steering and brakes while turning with oncoming traffic, not good!

I don't want to just start throwing money at it, how could I check the MAP Sensor?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
SES light is not on btw, and I thought about the IAC valve, I guess I can pull it tomorrow and check it out.

milky9788

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I didn't notice the problem this morning when I started it up cold and drove it, nor was it apparent to me when I started home from work but by the time I got home (about 20 mins) is when it got bad enough to kill it about 200 yards from the house. Lost power steering and brakes while turning with oncoming traffic, not good!

I don't want to just start throwing money at it, how could I check the MAP Sensor?

Just check the vacuum line going from the TB to the MAP sensor to see if it's hooked up, but from what you're describing the CTS could be the culprit.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Know where I can get a good p/n for the CTS that goes in the intake manifold? All of the parts sites don't distinguish between the two.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Ok so its pretty much the same thing but with a different pin setup in the connector, I actually bought that one when I meant to get the block one and had to exchange them. I'll pick one up tomorrow, couldn't hurt to change it.

Two other possibilities I'm thinking about:

1) I put 8 ounces of MMO in the gas tank Sunday too on about 15-18 or so gallons of fuel, I'm wondering if maybe it broke loose some grime in the fuel tank or fuel pump and sent it down line to the fuel filter. I've got a new filter I've been meaning to throw on, weather permitting I'll do that tomorrow.

2) I sure hope not, but perhaps a leak in the intake manifold gasket. When I cranked it tonight and left it running while checking the injectors tonight I noticed what appeared to be a lot of smoke coming out of the tailpipes, but it was white and I believe it was steam based on the amount of water coming out of the tailpipe. It dropped about a 3" diameter puddle on the ground in about 5 minutes, and had a very slow drip, but a drip none the less, after I cut it off. The smoke nor the water on the ground smelled anything like coolant though, and it has mostly good new coolant in it.