Please help identify this part. OOBS experts here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Lookin at my dually and I found something else leaking on the brakes. It's located on the rear of the truck above the pumpkin, anyone know what this is so I can order a new one?
You must be registered for see images

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I can't remember the exact name of it, that gives you stronger rear brakes when the truck is loaded. it should have an arm on it attached to the axle/suspension right?

Its like a weight bias valve or something. Man I know the right name but I'm drawing a blank right now....

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its like a proportioning valve but works off how heavy its loaded. I know for a fact 2001 Nissan frontier still uses something like that

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
While I can't remember the exact name of it, that gives you stronger rear brakes when the truck is loaded. it should have an arm on it attached to the axle/suspension right?

Its like a weight bias valve or something. Man I know the right name but I'm drawing a blank right now....

Thanks p2 , there is nothing connected to it I'm assuming since its lowered it would think its always loaded down .

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could delete it if you want.

My 06 tundra had one as well. It had crappy brakes, so I adjusted it to make the back brakes work better/more. :rofl:

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
You could delete it if you want.

My 06 tundra had one as well. It had crappy brakes, so I adjusted it to make the back brakes work better/more. :rofl:
How would I go about that ?
that's awesome I have NEVER seen one of those before.

Me neither , only reason I noticed it is because its pissing fluid everywhere.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just connect those two lines together, instead of them going into that valve. Or just connect the flex line that runs down to the axle to the line that runs up to the front of the truck. Might have to use a line from a 20 series or something that does not have that valve

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yea its a load level prop valve...My old 83 Dodge Rampage even had one of those things. Basically like P2 said..it increases rear braking force as it detects more load on the rear of the truck. But like you said since the truck has been lowered it would think it was loaded all the time...Though you could prob reuse it if you made a shorter linkage for it. But to delete it the easiest way would be to make up a length of flexable brake hose with female fittings and simply use it to connect the two hard lines together.