pitman arm/ idler arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Not sure about that Detroit Axle stuff either! :eek:

I really hate the Detroit Axle name for that company. Detroit Axle is what we used to call the AAM axle plant in Detroit, where my 14BFF would have been made. Prior to that it was a GM plant, and I'm not sure what it would have been called.... probably Saginaw at some point.

This current "Detroit Axle" is just an importer and rebuilder and they have some pretty terrible reviews for things like steering racks an Amazon.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hate the Detroit Axle name for that company. Detroit Axle is what we used to call the AAM axle plant in Detroit, where my 14BFF would have been made. Prior to that it was a GM plant, and I'm not sure what it would have been called.... probably Saginaw at some point.

This current "Detroit Axle" is just an importer and rebuilder and they have some pretty terrible reviews for things like steering racks an Amazon.
Yes, prices are cheap but seems like mostly bad reviews.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah no. ACD is still a GM Brand with multiple vendors that produce parts, Mevotech is actually one of our OEM's, As are Timken, Moog, etc...Federal Mogul has no licensing with us as a whole, they do not own any rights to ACD. ACD is like I said still a GM owned company.

This confirms a couple things I've believed for years, thank you.

I'd love to know more about how GM/ACD selects their suppliers but I'm sure that's classified as well.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah no. ACD is still a GM Brand with multiple vendors that produce parts, Mevotech is actually one of our OEM's, As are Timken, Moog, etc...Federal Mogul has no licensing with us as a whole, they do not own any rights to ACD. ACD is like I said still a GM owned company.
Thanks for correcting me! Not sure where I picked up that incorrect info

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just want to say this exact post is one of the reasons I stay on this forum. A guy politely corrects someone and he politely responds back. I can't say enough about people being civil to each other on here. I've seen a few threads go whacko, lol, but for the most parta great site. When I was redoing my Nova in the 2000's I asked a few questions on some sites and dang! Got tore up! It's nice to come in and ask a question at any knowledge level and get a real answer. Refreshing actually. Haha. I'm done hijacking this thread now.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I just want to say this exact post is one of the reasons I stay on this forum. A guy politely corrects someone and he politely responds back. I can't say enough about people being civil to each other on here. I've seen a few threads go whacko, lol, but for the most parta great site. When I was redoing my Nova in the 2000's I asked a few questions on some sites and dang! Got tore up! It's nice to come in and ask a question at any knowledge level and get a real answer. Refreshing actually. Haha. I'm done hijacking this thread now.
We are all here for a common goal.

@df2x4 yes unfortunately, I can't begin to explain that.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you, @dave s. @df2x4 and I do our best to keep it like that.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

There is a thread on best parts for front end rebuild, and a few guys said they were great parts for the the price. I was pretty skeptical, given the low prices, but I try not to be too close minded about these things.
I wasn't thrilled with the ACD Professional/Gold parts I got for my front end last year, so I'm always hunting for something better.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have all new front end parts, not installed yet, as much Mevotech TTX parts as available. The pitman and idler arm Acdelco Gold, but I kinda regret getting them. I’ve considered adding the Cognito, but damn it’s overpriced!