pitman arm/ idler arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clevor

Reaction score
I have a 2000 K2500 with a bad pitman arm balljoint and idler arm ball joint. Went to 3 different parts stores and every one had those parts except that the shank of the tapered pin was too short. So for a better description, my OEM parts has a tapered pin that is longer than any replacement part arm pins. My OEM parts have the tapered part of the pins plus about 1" of strait shank. GM parts finder says they have been discontinued. Anyone here ever run into this b4? What did you do about it?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You try RockAuto yet?

Attachments

• 736411F6-742F-441A-BEF7-315820D1C4B8.jpeg
    736411F6-742F-441A-BEF7-315820D1C4B8.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 10

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Are you sure the parts stores aren’t giving you one for a Silverado 2500 (GMT800)?

Ask for a 98 version, see if it matches.

Better yet, look up the parts online. I rarely go into a parts store without having already looked up my parts. I had a counter person look up a 1500 instead of a 3500 "because they're all the same".... I think I was after rotors.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 K2500 with a bad pitman arm balljoint and idler arm ball joint. Went to 3 different parts stores and every one had those parts except that the shank of the tapered pin was too short. So for a better description, my OEM parts has a tapered pin that is longer than any replacement part arm pins. My OEM parts have the tapered part of the pins plus about 1" of strait shank. GM parts finder says they have been discontinued. Anyone here ever run into this b4? What did you do about it?
Yes, likely the actual GM part (available at dealerships) has been discontinued. However, ACDelco still makes them.

I just bought ACDelco idler arm and pitman arm for my 1999 K2500 with 5.7L.

ACDelco 45C0045 Pitman arm
ACDelco 45C1103 idler arm
ACDelco 45C1112 idler arm housing

Go to https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/, enter your VIN, select the appropriate group:

> Steering & Suspension Parts
> Steering Linkages, Rods & Arms
> Select All Parts in this Subgroup

then click "Display Parts," and it will show you the part numbers.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, likely the actual GM part (available at dealerships) has been discontinued. However, ACDelco still makes them.

I just bought ACDelco idler arm and pitman arm for my 1999 K2500 with 5.7L.

ACDelco 45C0045 Pitman arm
ACDelco 45C1103 idler arm
ACDelco 45C1112 idler arm housing

Go to https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/, enter your VIN, select the appropriate group:

> Steering & Suspension Parts
> Steering Linkages, Rods & Arms
> Select All Parts in this Subgroup

then click "Display Parts," and it will show you the part numbers.

Aftermarket "AC Delco" is a totally different beast than the original GM parts. Federal Mogul licenses the name and uses it to retail parts that come from a variety of sources. I've had mixed success with them, but the idler arm I had was junk and only lasted about ten thousand km before it developed play.
Mevotech supreme or Detroit axle seems to be what folks are using for aftermarket pitman and idlers as of late.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Aftermarket "AC Delco" is a totally different beast than the original GM parts. Federal Mogul licenses the name and uses it to retail parts that come from a variety of sources.

How did you come to the conclusion that Fedearl Modul licenses the AC Delco name?

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Aftermarket "AC Delco" is a totally different beast than the original GM parts. Federal Mogul licenses the name and uses it to retail parts that come from a variety of sources. I've had mixed success with them, but the idler arm I had was junk and only lasted about ten thousand km before it developed play.
Mevotech supreme or Detroit axle seems to be what folks are using for aftermarket pitman and idlers as of late.
Yeah no. ACD is still a GM Brand with multiple vendors that produce parts, Mevotech is actually one of our OEM's, As are Timken, Moog, etc...Federal Mogul has no licensing with us as a whole, they do not own any rights to ACD. ACD is like I said still a GM owned company.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yeah no. ACD is still a GM Brand with multiple vendors that produce parts, Mevotech is actually one of our OEM's, As are Timken, Moog, etc...Federal Mogul has no licensing with us as a whole, they do not own any rights to ACD. ACD is like I said still a GM owned company.

Mevotech??? I'd love to know what, but I'm sure that's not info you can post.

Federal Mogul is part of Tenneco now.